Monday, September 26, 2011

My Son, the Budding Artist




I discovered that something could rival chocolates for my son’s attention—pencil and paper. North, who is now 2 years and 7 months, has recently discovered the joys of drawing and this is evident on my walls, my off-white couch, and even our mirrors. Once, out of frustration, I hid all of the writing materials at home. But nothing can stop this boy… he discovered candle drippings could do the job and so now my bed’s side tables sport wax drawings of squares, circles, and triangles. This morning he wowed me with his first clear drawing of a car. Much more than drawing, North has a deep, abiding interest in vehicles. I was amazed that he now has a clear concept of a car and he can put this on paper, wheels, windows, and all. I wonder if the indentation on his car’s bumper is his interpretation of the dent our car suffered from my poor driving skills?


* Both drawings are by my son, Kahlil North, 2.7 years old. 
* The second one, my son insists, is a cat. But it does look like a tarsier!

No comments:

Post a Comment